Thursday, July 5, 2012

A healthier ramen noodle?

Hello everyone!


I went shopping at my local Asian food store and I saw something interesting.  


I actually found a noodle soup that I can eat without being sick.



Nong Shim Hearty Beef Noodle Soup


The major thing I like about this soup is that the noodles are made only of rice and tapioca flour. NO WHEAT.  The noodles are also NOT fried like most ramen noodles.  These are air dried and one serving (each pack has 2) contains 0.5 grams of fat and 210 calories. 

I did find wheat gluten WAAAAAY at the end of the "contains 2% or less of" part of the ingredients.  Being that my gluten sensitivity is not quite as severe as someone with full blown celiac disease, for me, these noodles can be a "sometimes" (like once a month) food.  I also like how the soup base does not contain any seafood or fish of any kind and is also MSG-free.



How do they taste?  This is based off the Korean beef bone soup that I blogged about here. It tastes very similar and even includes decent sized amounts of vegetables (for an instant soup). 

They do run a little pricey though.  For a pack of 3, usually they cost $7.49 but I got them on sale for $5.99.

They are high in carbs, so I am saving them for "emergency" food when I cannot get to a store and have nothing else, or if I am sick and need a soup to eat.

Have you ever tried these? Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment