Friday, December 2, 2011

Losing weight fast AND safely?

Hello everyone!!


Yesterday AGAIN I didn't work out and ate crap food. 2 days without a REAL workout. So, today I found an interesting article that I found helpful and perhaps some of you might, too.


I am starting to find it REALLY hard to eliminate grain and wheat from my diet completely.  It could be why these past couple days when it came to diet I really just didn't give a shit. Pardon my French. 

So, I found this article on WebMD. Apparently it is NOT unsafe to lose more than 1-2 pounds a week (especially when you are obese) but there is a right way to do it.

It is actually quite a no-brainer. Limit your calories, limit your starches/added sugar/animal fat, eat fruits, veggies, soy, boneless poultry, lean meat, low fat dairy, and eggs mostly.

Also the article says to eat 7 calories per pound (14 calories per kg) of your current body weight. To me that number seems kind of high being the weight that I am. Also it says the LOWEST you should do at home is 1,050 calories a day, preferably 1200 for a woman. 

Also another tip- eat protein and distribute evenly throughout your meals. Eat 3 meals a day and one snack.  The article says to weigh daily and track your food and exercise to keep you focused. Weighing yourself, in my opinion, isn't good if you're like, obsessive over it. I do weigh daily but to see how I fluctuate. 

Also the article is about RAPID weight loss. It also makes mention to REALLY kick it up, do two workouts a day. Morning and evening. THAT part I might try. Wake in the morning, do some cardio, do another workout at night. 

I do want to try these tips to lose as much as I can as fast as I can, but mind you, I am severely obese. If you are just average or slim, I would proceed with caution when it comes to losing lots of weight fast.

The link to the article: How to Lose Weight Fast and Safely

I am also getting back to my regular workout this evening. Only 4 days left (including today) of level 2!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment