Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Gym Shoes.,, And racism?

Hello everyone!

Many people are always on the lookout for their next pair of gym shoes. 

Adidas is now a subject of controversy for it's new shoes...
These are the new Roundhouse Mid "Handcuff" shoes, which have bright orange shackles around the ankles.

Ok, so they make a statement, but that statement is in the eye of the beholder apparently.

Adidas means: "Tighten up your style with the JS Roundhouse Mids, dropping in August. Got a sneaker game so hot you lock your kicks to your ankles?"

People see: References to slavery. 

My opinion: I think they look neat, I wouldn't wear them because they're a bit loud for my liking and I would not pay $350 for them.  Do I think they're racist? No.


What do you think? Racist slavewear or just "different"?


Read more here: http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/adidas-shackle-sneakers-create-controversy-185000146.html

No comments:

Post a Comment