Friday, June 8, 2012

First keto day

Hello everyone!


I had a realization today.  If one were to go Ketogenic, but not eat so much fat, I think it is more like a modified version of paleo- meaning that it's like paleo with dairy allowed and less fruit. 


That said, I did a pretty good job of being low carb yesterday, and so far today as well.


Here's a breakdown of what I ate:


Breakfast:


Sausage and scrambled eggs (2 net carbs)
Dark Chocolate think thin bar (2 net carbs)


Lunch:


Hamburger without bun (1 carb)
Salad without dressing


Dinner:


Grilled steak
Salad (no dressing)


It seems like a lot of fat, but the thing is that I am trying to get my body to rely on fat as fuel instead of carbohydrates.  I still also like to drain and blot greasy food when I can, even if it is "healthy". I just don't like the taste of grease very much.


I also think eating low carb is possible without eating buckets of grease. The only thing I would still prefer full fat is my dairy.  Fat free dairy tastes terrible and it's often loaded with sugar. No good.


That's it for today, going to get some movement in~!


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment