Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Chef Claims McDonald's Food "Not Unhealthy"

Hello everyone!


I came across an article today in which the top chef for McDonald's "doesn't see anything unhealthy" on the menu and thinks the restaurant should not be blamed for the obesity epidemic in America.

On average, according to the article, the average American eats there at least 3 times a month. 


Here's my opinion on this.  If you're only eating something 3 times a month, it's NOT why you are obese.


As someone who is obese myself, I can say I do not eat McDonald's THAT often. Similar to the statistic- a few times a month.  


I think people who blame their obesity on a restaurant are not very bright.  I'm pretty sure that they got to where they were NOT by eating McDonald's on occasion.  Obesity is (usually, unless there is a legit medical reason like hypothyroidism, etc) caused by a variety of things. Sure, eating unhealthy foods is on the list, but even "healthy" foods can contribute to obesity when eaten in excess.  Eating anything in excess logically will cause weight gain especially when combined with little to no activity.


While I am NOT in agreement with the statement that there is "nothing unhealthy" on the McDonald's menu, people need to wake up and realize that they themselves made their weight the way it is by making various choices that led to it. 


Here's the link to the article: http://shine.yahoo.com/author-blog-posts/mcdonalds-top-chef-doesnt-see-anything-unhealthy-menu-213500140.html

No comments:

Post a Comment