Sunday, March 4, 2012

Last day before precleansing

Hello everyone!




Today is the last day I get to enjoy "forbidden" foods for the rest of the month.  Tomorrow I start the pre-cleanse elimination diet, so I had/will have a couple last-day treats.


Treat #1


Greek yogurt!  Dairy is not allowed on the cleanse, so I had for breakfast a cup of Fage 0% fat greek yogurt with some honey mixed in.  I usually don't like honey, but with Greek yogurt, it's divine!


Treat #2


Hot dogs!  I had a hot dog for lunch (processed meats and beef are not allowed but bison/buffalo are), I will miss them but I think my health is worth it.


Treat #3


Tofu burgers!  Remember the post I made about getting the tofu burger mix?  I will be having that for dinner.  Soy (other than tamari soy sauce/nama shoyu/ miso) is not allowed on the cleanse.  I hate to leave my soon to expire tofu in the fridge all month and I have been meaning to make these anyway.




So, the next week I will be eating three meals a day before cleansing with shakes.  I just so happened to look at my Tracy shake mix and to my surprise, those do not have any "bad" ingredients that would cause me to go off the cleanse.  So, breakfast this next week will likely be a shake, as I do not always have the time in the morning to make quinoa porridge.  My think thin bars, however, are a no-no because they have both soy and peanuts, major things you cannot have. 


Another allowed food- Glass Noodles- I want to try my hand at making a Korean dish called Japchae- stir fried noodles with vegetables.

The noodles are made of sweet potato starch and are gluten free. :) I will let you know how mine turn out.

Hope you had a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment