Sunday, March 11, 2012

First day on the shakes!

Hello everyone!




Today I began my full cleanse.  I started out with a shake for breakfast and a solid meal for lunch.  Here's what I had.




Breakfast:


I decided to try the vanilla flavored Nourish powder first- I thought it was going to taste horrible (Vanilla protein shakes usually do) but I was pleasantly surprised.  I also added one cup of almond milk and 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries (also with the prescribed scoop of Move powder) in the blender and the end result was pretty good- the blueberries made it extra cold which was even better!  I  may try using water at dinner but keeping the blueberries to see if there is a major difference in taste.  


Lunch:


I was semi-naughty here, I had 2 bites of pork sausage,  but my main meal was good.  I had 4 ounces of lean lamb marinated in olive oil, lemon, garlic, and basil cooked and put on top of a small amount of gluten free angel hair noodles. Heaven. 


Dinner:


Will be another shake.




How am I feeling?  I am feeling alright with the exception that my sinuses and head are still acting up and my neck is aching.  I am starting to wonder if this is an actual cold and not detox. A hot shower and early bed tonight are in the plans. 
Also, when you are cleansing, you have to make sure you poop at least once a day.  I have already fulfilled this but there is a chance it could happen again.  The goal is at least once to make sure you are detoxing and getting it out.


Also, the shakes do keep me satisifed in terms of hunger.  Today, hunger was not much of a problem. 


Exercise: Nothing yet but I might try to fit in some stretching or something this evening to loosen up.


I hope everyone had a great weekend, I may do a night report tonight or tomorrow morning. Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Just out of curiosity....do you know what is in these shake mixes? Many of them are loaded with trans fat, sugar, and/or aspartame...

    ReplyDelete