Saturday, March 3, 2012

Precleanse starting Monday!

Hello everyone!






I went and did some shopping for the first few days of my pre-cleanse Elimination diet, and I have to say, it was pretty challenging.  A lot of the things on the list of approved foods are on the list, however sometimes you have to be careful- if a product is on the list but when you check the ingredients and something NOT allowed is listed in the ingredients, keep walking. You can't have that!


There is something I am going to be a little lax about while cleansing.


They ask that you get as much organic/fresh as possible.  Given my situation, I am not going to worry too much about my vegetables and fruits being organic and fresh, because it's already a HUGE change that I am eating more vegetables at all.  Of course, if it is economical, I will get fresh and organic when I can.


I was able to pick up some good stuff- I got some lettuce for salads, I have some canned black beans and peas (will rinse before use!), spinach, gluten free quinoa pasta, quinoa, rice syrup, stevia, miso paste,  tamari sauce, and more.


I did also find an interesting soup broth mix at the Korean market.  It's a vegetable broth base, and it says on the front (in Korean) that it is allergy-free.  The ingredients made me happy.  They are, as follows:


Mixed vegetable powder: Radish, broccoli, cabbage, pumpkin, sea salt, onion extract, carrot extract, garlic extract, rice powder, garlic oil




All of those are things allowed on CLEAN.  And it will be making many appearances, especially when I make miso soup. 


I will start the eliminating on Monday, doing it for a total of 6 days.  Normally, the pre-cleanse period is 3 days but I figure I might as well do it a little longer. 


Have a great weekend- I am enjoying dairy/breadlike substances for the last time for a while.  Got some Fage Greek yogurt for very cheap (I love it!) and some hummus/pita chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment