Monday, February 27, 2012

Hello Everyone!


I have been giving things some thought, and it occurred to me that I should re-word what I am calling my diet.  What I am doing is technically NOT true paleo because I am not eating grass fed/organic food. I also am willing to eat potatoes, carrots, and sweet potatoes (often argued as NOT paleo since it is a starch). So, I think the more appropriate way to call my new eating habits would be more along the lines of- "Grain free, Gluten Free, Clean Eating".  So if a food meets those criteria, I am willing to eat it.  Also, unlike Paleo, I am going to be watching my calories because too much of anything will still fatten you up.  I am avoiding dairy (Unless it's a small amount in coffee or something) not because I fear dairy but because I am lactose intolerant.


I also am not going out of my way to find grass fed/organic meat solely because I do not live anywhere near a place that sells it and when I have seen it, it's pretty damn expensive ($9.99 a pound for ground beef!) and I'm a broke college student.  I have seen natural "no hormones/no antibiotics" beef but the fat ratio was a bit high for me- 85% lean and I prefer at least 90% lean if I am going to pay a premium.




Sure, this isn't the 100% best way to eat, but it is a long way from how I have been eating.  I will be also going grocery shopping every 3 days.  I will also be taking some recipes from Tracy's book because there were some on the vegetarian plan that were actually pretty delicious. 


I will be going over what foods I will be eating and post them here. I won't be able to get to the store until Thursday anyway. 


Have a great day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment