Monday, September 24, 2012

I completed a whole week of Turbo Fire...

Hello everyone!


I have completed a full week of Turbo Fire!!! (Yaaaaaaaaaay!)  First, let me get to my workout and then I'll dish on my progress.


Workout yesterday was Core 20 and Stretch 40.  Core 20 uses a resistance  band (which I have) and Stretch 40 uses a Theraband.  Core 20 was actually kinda easier than I expected, but that's probably because I did the modified version of everything just so I could get a feel for what the workout was like. 

Stretch 40 is not just stretch.  There is yoga in it as well and you do sweat.  The beginning is several sun salutations and THEN you stretch with the Theraband. (They call it a lower body band but it's basically a Theraband.)


Ok.  Results time.

9/17/12- 275.1 lb
9/24/12- 272.1 lb.

Three. Fucking. Measly. Pounds.  At least that was my initial thought.  How could I have worked so hard and lost so little?


Dramatization: My reaction.


I then took a look at my MyFitnessPal.  I saw very likely WHY I had lost so little.  Even though I ate pretty good, I was still eating a LOT of calories.  I don't care what people say, calories count to an extent.  There is always too much of a good thing.

Here are my total calories eaten PER DAY this past week.

9/17- 2,508
9/18- 1,783
9/19- 2,575 
9/20- 2,188
9/21- 2,325
9/22- 1,971
9/23- 2,279


See what I mean?  That's a LOT.  Especially if I am trying to LOSE weight.  So, we're going to try something different.

Calorie limit per day this week- Cap it off at 1750. That is 3,379 calories less than I ate last week if I keep it up.  THAT IS ALMOST AN ENTIRE POUND OF FAT WORTH OF CALORIES.  Arrggh!!! Ok, this is a learning experience.  I still lost some, but this was a little lesson. 

I will adjust the calorie level every 10 pounds.  I'm 272.1 now so when I hit approx 260-261, I will recalculate. 

I won't get mad if I have slightly more than 1750 calories one day, etc, but I will try to back down the next day a bit.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!  Let's have a better week this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment