Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lazy Day...

Hello everyone-


Yesterday was somewhat eventful, at work we had a huge power outage that resulted in my getting to go home early. I took the opportunity yesterday to enjoy being free during the daytime and took a nice leisurely walk for about a half an hour to loosen myself up.


A friend of mine sent me a DVD made by Madonna's former yoga trainer- Bryan Kest's Power Yoga Collection.  It has 3 levels- beginner, intermediate, and advanced.


What is power yoga? In a couple words, ashtanga yoga (the kind of yoga Madonna does).  I have always wanted to try but previous resources seemed very intimidating. I gave the beginner level of Bryan's DVD a quick watch and it seems pretty doable for a beginner like me.  I will review the DVD later when I do it a few more times.  


Today I feel honestly, like a lazy sack of crap. I blame it all on my last week not being on Tracy's diet and not getting enough sleep. I really need to start sleeping earlier. Lately I have been running on 4-5 hours of sleep a night and my face especially is suffering not to mention a general lack of energy from it. 


The solution- Since my holiday weekend started yesterday (after the power outage) I am going to take the time to actually get some sleep and rejuvenate myself because I start my omnab (omni/ab) workouts on Monday and perhaps try some yoga over the weekend.


If I don't post before the holiday, have a happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment