Sunday, June 5, 2011

Boot Camp Day 3

Hi everyone!

Day 3 did not go quite as well as I had hoped, at least workout wise.  I ended up being INSANELY busy, meaning my workout time was getting cut into.  Instead of doing the full workout, I did do my cardio, 10 minutes of step touching combination 1.   Diet went well!

My version of Melon Compote- which is really like, 3 kinds of melon mixed up.  It's just honeydew because I hate to waste all that good melon.  I love honeydew too! Taste 10/10~!


Greek Salad with Strawberry Dressing- Escarole topped with cucumber, tofu, a sliced egg (whole egg not whites) onion, and a simple strawberry vinaigrette.   I think I may have made the dressing a little too vinegary but in all it was pretty good and filled me up.  Taste: 8/10

Crudites with dip- Carrot, celery, jicama, and bell pepper sticks with some cherry tomatoes. The dip is a mix of honey, lemon juice, and vinegar. Tasted strange but still good. Very sweet/acidy.  Taste 8/10

Dinner- Veggie Burgers with Escarole.  I only have one complaint about this recipe- nothing really holds the burgers together once you start cooking them. When you make the "dough", it seems to hold together ok (maybe I didn't cook my chickpeas long enough, that's a possibility) but they do taste REALLY good.  Escarole is like a bitter spinach when it's cooked.   Burgers- 10/10, Escarole 7/10.


So that was day 3 (sorry for the late post) Day 4 will be coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment