Saturday, December 15, 2012

Took a rest day.

Hello everyone!


Yesterday, which would have been day 5, did not happen as planned, and I think it's actually for the better.

I did get off track with my eating (I was given candy for Christmas. Really fucking good candy.)  and I did end up eating more calories than I wanted.  After the previous night's cardio before toning, I got even HUNGRIER as a result and I am working on dealing with that.

 A friend of mine suggested that maybe I perhaps SHOULD take a rest day, as long as I went back to my normal diet/exercise stuff the next day it would be fine, perhaps even beneficial to have a rest/higher calorie day to remind my body that I am NOT starving it.

It wasn't a completely inactive day, though.  I did get up early and walk for 30 minutes at a fairly brisk pace, then I walked again for about 40 minutes (I had errands to run and I do not drive). 

This morning was a sign that a rest day may very well have been what I needed.  I went to bed at about 10:30 p.m. (Very early for me) and slept until 7:30 am instead of the 5:30 I have been waking up at.  I feel a bit better, still a bit tired.

Today I plan on it being day 5, and instead of taking my rest day tomorrow (Sunday) I plan on working out then too to make up for yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment