Sunday, December 23, 2012

Starting to Plan for January- Food

Hello everyone!

As I posted before, I am taking up the Boot Camp (Tracy Anderson's 30 Day Method- which most people just call "Boot Camp."

The major thing I always have had issues with in this book is the menus.  Not because the food is too low calorie (It is, but it's filling), but how she wants us to eat exactly as she lists.  For a lot of people, (myself included) it's not really PRACTICAL.  I re-read the book a little and I found an interesting quote in it that somehow I missed (or just don't remember).

"I don't want you to make substitutions. But if you feel you must because of an allergy or strong taste preference, make it a simple swap.  You may not add anything new to the menu, but you may double up on another item from the menu if you really need to."

So, I am allergic to overspending and wasting food and having trouble finding ingredients.  Time in the kitchen (some of these recipes involve a bit of kitchen time) I do not mind.  I did try the menus before and I was spending a LOT of money on food. 50$ or more a week.  As a college student and someone with not a lot of money, this is not something I am really able.


So, I am going to go through the menu, both regular and vegetarian (sticking more to the vegetarian stuff, but the regular menu has stuff that is ALSO vegetarian and did not make it to the other menu) and pick and choose meals from there, repeating my favorites/affordable meals.  Yes. Leftovers.  Something the original plan does NOT allow.  (One exotic ingredient I DO want is Yacon syrup because it tastes like maple syrup without the blood sugar impact.  Sadly it is ridiculously expensive at $20 for an 8 ounce bottle or even smaller)

Also I do want to do the cleanse at the end of the month (and do it for the last five days of every month if possible) but WITHOUT that nasty gazpacho.  I have a very strong taste aversion to it (as does a friend of mine) and I'll just make double the sweet potato corn pudding or Tofu Vegetable soup.  

Also, I will be eating stuff like chicken breast and frozen broccoli (there is a SIMILAR meal in the book) and tofu (also in the book, which is what I allegedly need the Yacon Syrup for).  

When I go on to the Metamorphosis program after this, I am very loosely following the week 2 plan (I don't have it in front of me but this is going to be MY version)

Breakfast:

Pick one protein (Examples)
-4 pieces of turkey bacon
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 poached eggs 

Pick a Fruit:
I prefer berries but any piece of fruit will do.

Lunch:

Think Thin Bar (If I have any)

-or-

Pick a protein (not to big of an amount)

Pick some vegetables.

Dinner:

See Lunch (aside from the Think Thin bar unless I am out and can't be home to cook.)


I am just using her recipes as guidelines while really trying hard to stick to the workouts.

That's it for now, I am going to make a meal plan for the 30 days and post it soon.  

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment