Saturday, December 8, 2012

In response to some comments

Hello everyone!

I saw the comments on my last post, I wasn't near the computer until today to read them.  Yesterday I had a lot going on and today I feel like I am coming down with a cold.

However, I would like to address those comments- all of which I think are very good points.


The general gist is that I always feel like I have to "start on Monday".  Why is this?  The OCD part of my brain (which everyone has in their own unique way) keeps thinking that if I don't do it just right, forget it.  Also starting on a different day feels somewhat weird to me. (Type A personality)

Also I have the (erroneous) mentality that I MUST work out six days a week or I failed.  Missing a day is a fail. And so on.  

So, I am going to start on Monday (only because it's Saturday night and I have a horrid sinus infection/tummyache) and missed days are okay- as long as I don't make it a habit and keep going.  

Also, if I do not work out the full six days a week I need to accept that it's OKAY.  Better than zero.

I also need to really work on my diet, but as a friend told me (who is struggling with the same issue) that once I start working out regularly, the eating will fall into place. (It eventually did with her) 

I was also linked to a blog that talk about thinking why you're REALLY working out/losing weight besides the obvious "I want to be thin".  For example, wanting to be around to have kids and stay alive longer, etc.

I took some time to think and yes, I also would like to have a baby or two someday, and yes, I would like to be able to live as long as I can for them. Even if I do not have human children, I have a puppy (who is currently 1 and a half years old) and I would at the very least like to live for him too and be able to take care of him.

So, I am going to give my cold another day to end, get some good rest (and some tea) and- as one of my commentors said- wake up and get the workout done first thing.  She said that she gets hers done first thing or else the list of excuses will go on forever (don't I know it!).


So, that's it for now, posting again soon and I am trying to get my webcam to work/get set up for video blogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment