Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Recipe!

Hello everyone!


As I mentioned yesterday, I had a chat with my younger brother (who has lost about 70 pounds now, yay!) about how he lost his weight.  He mostly ate (and still eats) clean, and does a bodyweight routine every day. He told me he feels much stronger these days and he looks very small now.  No bulk. I am looking into bodyweight things to do myself, since even a man doesn't bulk on them.

He also told me what he eats for breakfast every day- oatmeal.  Lately, he has been making it this way and recommended I do the same.


Need to spice up that plain bowl of oatmeal?  Try the recipe!


Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Cooked oatmeal (however much you'd like, but this recipe is for one serving on the container of oatmeal. I used Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats but regular plain is just as good, that's what my  brother eats to save time)

1 Tablespoon of peanut butter 
1 Tablespoon of honey (more or less to taste)
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Cook oatmeal according to directions.  When done, add one tablespoon of peanut butter per serving you made.  Then add honey to taste.  Lastly, sprinkle some cinnamon and nutmeg (or actual Pumpkin Pie spice, they sell it at Target and I got a couple of containers for about 2$ each) and mix. 

Here's the nutrition breakdown for the way I made it- with the red mill steel cut oats and Planter's crunchy peanut butter.

Calories: 324
Fat: 11 grams
Carbs: 51
Fiber: 6 grams
Protein: 11 grams

I just made it myself this morning and all I can say is yum. It's almost like eating actual pumpkin pie and it is also very nutrient dense. 

Give it a try! It's inexpensive and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment