Friday, October 5, 2012

Beans, Beans, the Musical Fruit

Hello everyone!


I went to the store yesterday, looking for dry beans as I've mentioned earlier.   I actually found a jackpot.  The ethnic grocery store near me had organic red kidney beans for 2 dollars a pound. (about half kg)  They also had Bob's Red Mill steel cut oatmeal for about 3$ for 1 1/2 lb, but those I didn't buy yet because I already have some.



I ended up buying 5 bags of beans, which should last me about a month if I eat them twice daily.  9 grams of protein per serving is not bad, not bad at all.  I may make them in half bag batches and make them fresh as needed (each bag is 12 servings so do the math and that's 3 days worth).

Do you guys eat your beans?  Other than the usual (beans and rice, etc) what do you do with them creatively (recipe wise?)

No comments:

Post a Comment