Sunday, October 14, 2012

Coconut Oil Cleanse

Hello everyone!


Today, I came across something online that I found interesting.  Coconut oil is known for its health benefits, but did you know it can be used as a cleanse?



According to naturepacific.com, it can be.  They explain what sort of benefits we can get by doing one, such as:

- Clearing up Candida infections
- Clearing up fungal infections
- Helping reduce or eliminate digestive issues
- Protect against viral infections


So, how would one go about doing this?

A coconut oil cleanse usually lasts 3-7 days, and is more of a healing cleanse than a weight loss cleanse.  On a coconut oil cleanse, one would normally consume up to 14 tablespoons of coconut oil (less if your stomach can't handle it, too much for your body can cause loose stool) and unsweetened lemon water.  Some versions of the cleanse allow up to 4 ounces of fresh unsweetened coconut meat for fiber.

As for if you should exercise while on a cleanse like this, I couldn't find any information.  However, since you are NOT starving on it (getting plenty of calories), I am assuming that exercise could be done but remember to listen to your body.

Would I do this?  I may try.  I will post if I decide to!  Have any of you tried this before? Post below~!

No comments:

Post a Comment