Monday, May 9, 2011

First draft of the shopping list

Hi everyone!


I was looking through the foods listed for the first week, and I came up with a basic shopping list so you get the idea of what you'd need to buy on the vegetarian plan.  I may have missed an ingredient or two and I did not list amounts. I will make a better one later but here is the idea:

Eggs
onion
String beans
Spinach
Wax beans
Vegetable Broth (low sodium)
Bell Peppers
Cucumber
Apples
Chickpeas
tomatoes
cayenne pepper
Black pepper
garlic
tofu
Mushrooms
Oranges
Grapefruit
Broccoli
Sweet potatoes
Edamame
eggplant
organic sugar free spaghetti sauce
Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
Shredded mozzarella
Parmesan
Honeydew Melon
strawberries
escarole
carrot
celery
Spinach
semisweet chocolate chips
cooked chestnuts
unsweetened cocoa powder
dates
Pineapple (canned)
papaya
kiwi
Kale
Sugar snap peas
beets
Kefir
Banana
cannellini beans
Zucchini
turnips
parsnip
pearl onion


 I wrote an email to Tracy's people asking the following questions: 
1. Is it OK to repeat meals? I see some recipes and the amount made indicates there will be leftovers but that said meal is not repeated until much later (Such as the Eggplant Lasagna). I was wondering if it would technically be OK to have those leftovers as a meal the next day in place of what is prescribed, to avoid wasting food, etc.

2. The book says no diet soda, etc (totally understandable!) and on Metamorphosis (which I also have) Tracy says we can have drinks like Neuro, G2, etc.  Are these kinds of drinks OK on the 30 day method as well, like for a post workout drink?

3. Does the Metamorphosis meal plan have a vegetarian option as well? I do not particularly remember seeing one when I looked over my materials.

If #1 is OK, I will definitely be repeating meals to save money and time.  If #2 is ok, that's great too because propel zero helps me feel a little better after working out.  #3 I think I would have to just make book meals and alternate with the puree weeks. 


I sent the e-mail today, I hope I hear back soon!


Tomorrow is my first final exam of the semester... Wish me luck! 

Hope you had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment