Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Countdown to Elimination- 11 Days

Hi everyone! 

Today was a very exhausting day. I don't even know how I am still awake to write this.  I had to go in to work early today (I normally sleep in on Wednesdays), surviving on nothing but an iced latte.  I did get to go home early, and decided to walk home. It took 35 minutes with me carrying a heavy messenger bag full of books, my purse, and other odds and ends. At least I got some movement in.

Later I had class, which is ending next week and it's kind of sad, to be honest.

Also, I found out a good friend of mine is considering weight loss surgery.  She is pretty overweight, my age, and does seem to watch her diet and has an active job as a nanny. I admit, I have even considered the surgery for myself.  What I did tell her is that I support her with whatever she decides, as long as it's for the right reasons, she is mentally ready for the massive changes she will have to make, and as long as she is well informed about 100% of everything. What are your opinions on it? (Please do not attack my friend, this is not about her, it is about the SURGERY!) I only worry about the risks, but again, if she really wants this, and the doctors say OK, then I will be there for her 100%.

 I also warned her about the loose skin she will have, and told her Tracy says in her book that she had a woman she was working with who also had said surgery and she helped her tuck most of it back in with exercise, so that piqued her interest as well.  In the end I just hope she comes out happy and healthy.

I am still getting hyped up to start my elimination. I might- MIGHT even start next week. 

Have a lovely evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment