Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Countdown to Elimination- 12 days

Hi everyone!


As you can guess from the title, in 12 days I will begin the pre-cleanse phase of Dr. Junger's CLEAN program, the Elimination diet.  This is something you do before starting the cleanse (which you would be on for 1-3 weeks depending on how bad your habits were) to prepare your body for the cleansing process.


There is a very specific list of allowed foods, however most of them are easy to find and not expensive.


A shopping list of the allowed foods:



One discrepancy I did notice is that in the CLEAN book, he says 2-3 weeks pre-cleanse to go on the elimination diet, in the kit manual he says 3-5 days. To be safe I am going the 2 week route. (Actually it will be 2 and a half weeks between May 15 and June 1.)

Looking through the house, I noticed I do have a decent amount of basic food to start with- brown rice, chicken breasts, green beans, broccoli, etc. It's best to go organic if you can, but if you can't, at least eat the right kinds of foods.


I am both nervous/scared and excited to be starting. Scared because this is a huge change and change is always at least a little scary.  Excited because I am hoping this will give rise to a healthier thinner me. This will be my summer of transformation if all goes well.

Getting all planned up for Boot Camp and Meta round 2- Already have my boot camp calendar printed up and photocopied my Meta calendar again to start writing in the dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment