Saturday, February 23, 2013

TurboFire Prep Schedule

Hello everyone!


I have decided to try and do Turbo Fire with a healthy diet in order to drop some initial weight because I honestly think I am too heavy to do either Tracy Anderson or Addicted to Sweat.  Lately my wrists are also bothering me and I think being on all fours doing Meta at my weight would just make it worse.




So, I decided that I would like to try the prep schedule of Turbo Fire.  I did try it before and it quickly became too much when I was doing the "regular" classes with more and more HIIT.  The prep schedule is 9 weeks of preparation for the real deal.

It involves a lot of strengthening and a lot of cardio, no HIIT workouts (aside from the fire drills) until the last 2 weeks of the prep program. 

I am not looking to be a full-on Turbo fanatic, I figure they burn a LOT of calories (and at my weight bulking isn't really anything I need to worry about and if I do bulk it can be fixed later) and I am looking to knock off about 80-90 pounds before going on to Meta or Addicted to Sweat.  To be completely honest with you, I would rather look like Chalene than how I look now, any day.  If I look bulky when I am lighter, I can approach that if I have to.

As for eating, I am going to suck it up and eat enough calories.  I have it programmed into my head that more calories = bad.  To be completely honest, eating a lot of calories with the goal of losing weight really scares the crap out of me.  I have this nagging voice in the back of my head telling me that it's going to not work if I eat more. Ugh. 

Actually, Turbo Fire has a little calculator that helps you decide how much a day to eat.

It says that at my weight (approx 290 pounds) to lose 2 lb of fat a week (not 2 lb of scale weight, there IS a difference) I need to be eating 2840 calories a day.  Seems EXCESSIVE. I will do more research on this.


I think what I will do is just use MyFitnessPal and have that sort out the calories for me.  It allows more on days that I am active, less on days that I am not.  Less thinking for me, haha. 



No comments:

Post a Comment