Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 46 and 47 Metamorphosis

Hi everyone!

I am a bit disappointed in myself these past two days. Remember day 45 when I woke up early?  Turns out that was a fluke.  I tried to wake up that early both following days. Didn't happen! I was still sore from that one day. Really disappointed. Even more disappointed in my eating habits the past couple of days. Hot dogs, beer, candy, cokes, steak, etc. NOT good for weight loss. Once a week is ok but for 2 days straight it definitely ISN'T. I now feel bloated and awful even though I did my workouts with so-so cardio sessions. 

A friend of mine who I confide in about my eating suggested something that should have been a no-brainer for me. Keep a food journal.  Write down what I eat and how it made me feel physically and mentally. 

Also I am NOTORIOUS for not paying attention of what I stuff in my face. If I did, I wouldn't be here, at least not as a weight loss blog but a weight maintaining blog.   Keeping a food journal, I found out online, has many benefits, and according to this article, in a study, people who kept a food journal lost twice as much weight as the subjects who did not. 

So, I went out and got myself a pocket-sized notebook so it can be small enough to go everywhere with me.  I will be writing what I eat, how much, and how many estimated calories are in it and will copy what I wrote in it for the day here on my blog, even when I do not have an exercise day scheduled.  I feel like with dieting I really need the accountability or I will fall off and fail. Again. I haven't been blogging about what I've been eating because I haven't kept track and a lot of it was junk. 

I really think that my eating is ruining my results because I still feel bloated and fatter and it CAN'T be the workouts. No way in hell! So let's see how this goes!

Have a great rest of the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Keeping a food journal DEFINITELY works. I did it for several months once and BOY was I amazed when I looked back. It got to the point where I stopped eating junk food simply because I didn't want to have to own up and put it in the journal. I couldn't face the truth anymore. That really gave me a boost to cut the shit.

    ReplyDelete