Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 41 and 42 Metamorphosis!

Hi everyone! 

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I started omni level 5, and everything was going well except for those damn planks. Ugggghhhh!!! Did 15 reps per leg both days.

Cardio: I started relearning Beginner Dance Cardio.  Combinations 1-3 I had already known from before, but combo #4 is the one I never tried.  I finally gave it a try and it is, in fact, easy. The total time to go through all of the combos with the video is about 25 minutes.  My goal is to be able to do it twice in a row, then do it for the twice in a row with the jumping/full impactness.

Back to the subject of MS- I really think that I need to push myself more. Doing 15 reps per leg is fine on day 1 of a new level, but I really feel like I should be pushing myself to do all 40 by the next day or two.  Sure, it will take longer but I really feel like I should push.  If I were working out with Tracy herself, she would push me the same. I feel my results slowing now that I've been starting to slack a little at the higher levels. But- on the positive side- I am almost HALF DONE. HALF. On Wednesday I will have done 45 days. 

As for food- I bought a lot of chicken breasts over the weekend, and cooked a few breasts last night to eat over the next few days to eliminate the "I don't have time to eat healthy" crap. I made a pot of brown rice too and put both in tupperware in the fridge.  I am still allowing myself a cheat meal a week. Not a day, a meal. HUGE difference.

I have your opinion on something because I am not sure what to do next:

I want to do another round of Meta with all 40 reps and an hour of cardio. I am also going to start Junger when I do this.  However, I had an idea.

Since everyone says Boot Camp (The 30 day Method book) is what you should be doing before Metamorphosis, I am considering giving boot camp a go and then go back to Meta. Being lighter by then the boot camp should be a little easier to do. I will also  be able to commit those 2 hours most mornings/days because I won't be in class except for Tuesday and Thursday nights. Also if I do boot camp, NO cheat days for that 30 days. 

It's either bootcamp between rounds of Meta (I want to lose most of my weight before getting Continuity). I'm cool either way but always open to suggestions. 


Have a great Monday and get your workout in!

3 comments:

  1. You know, just me, but why not just finish up with the Metamorphosis, since you've only got the 45 more days? Just because then you can say you did it, you know? (I'm all about finishing things for that sense of accomplishment). Also, and I hope this doesn't sound rude, because I completely do this too, but I'm noticing a pattern in reading the blogs, of starting something, and then moving on to another thing, but not finishing up one program in its entirety, if that makes sense. I only notice it because I do it too, and sometimes, I lose focus. Anyway, I hope that's not sounding critical or anything. Then, you could do the Boot Camp before starting Continuity, and it would be a good breaking point.

    But it sounds like you have a good plan either way, and congrats for keeping up with it - I mean, the biggest thing is establishing consistency, which you're totally doing - you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I am going to finish meta. I know exactly what you mean about the sense of accomplishment! I hate when I do the "start something and move on too soon" crap. (I have ADHD too and that doesn't help) But I'll finish Meta, do BC and eat well (following Junger's elimination diet but NOT the cleanse until my second round of meta- BC is too intense for that) I want to give Meta another shot before continuity but next time doing ALL of the reps, I should be able to by then anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck! You'll do it! (I do the same thing, which is the only reason I recognize it in others - I get all excited about something new and then want to switch to that).

    You know - I totally agree about working out in the morning. I HATE getting up, I have to say - I perform so much better at the end of the day, but if I don't just get it done, it hangs over my head, and then I can't sleep either. The day goes so much better - I can concentrate better, am in a calmer mood, etc. So if you have concentration problems, I can attest that it helps me with that - also, I think it'll really help your schedule as you were describing it. Good luck - I do think you'll end up enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete