Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 45 Metamorphosis

Hi everyone!!!


Today has two important fitness-related milestones for me. 

1. I woke up at 5:00 am for the first time ever and exercised!
2. It's day 45! I am HALFWAY through Meta!!!! (wooooo!)



I got up on time, early today to do my MS.  I got it done but only 15 reps.  Working out without breakfast makes said workout a BITCH to complete. After my MS I took a nice shower, then went to school and used the school gym to do my cardio (this will be my general plan unless I am home all day).  I did 30 minutes of walking fast/treadmill dancing.  I haven't done treadmill dancing in quite a while so I took today to get used to it, just keeping it to skipping and sometimes double skipping. No sashays, leaps, etc like I used to ages ago.  I burned a lot of calories doing it too, My average heart rate was 157 (it ranged from 151 when walking to 175 when skipping, when that happened I slowed it to a walk. When it was low enough I would skip again. I want to lose weight, not have a heart attack!) and I found a calorie calculator that estimates your calories burned based on heart rate. It's not perfect but it's more accurate than the calorie counter on the machine.

According to the calculator I burned about 350 calories in 30 minutes. Not too shabby.


I would really like to get a heart rate monitor watch in the future, I'd like to know what I burn doing MS and cardio together. 

I also started dieting for real.  Paying more mind to my food not only by calorie but how good it is for me.  I'm not perfect at it yet but I see my eating plan now as a hybrid of Tracy's plans and Dr. Junger's plan.
Today's menu!

Breakfast:
Steel cut oatmeal sweetened with Stevia. 

Lunch:
2 hardboiled eggs
4 cups of salad greens
2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar

Snack:
1 can of Slim Fast (I know that sounds naughty but I have a bit of them to drink up still and they are almost equivalent to something like a Think Thin bar in liquid form. I have those too but I want to get rid of the slim fasts and just keep getting my Think Thins. <3) 

Dinner: (Tentative but should go something like this today)
Grilled chicken breast marinated in lemon, olive oil, garlic and organic oregano
1/2 cup of brown rice
1 cup of cooked carrots (Or 1 baked sweet potato. I'm stuck here at school until 8 pm so the carrots look more likely- less time to cook!) 

I am weaning myself off of the diet sodas. I am reserving them for when I have absolutely nothing to drink when I am out, or when I just need the fizzies with a taste.  Usually I will  be drinking barley tea, green tea, water, and San Pellegrino (Thanks Costco!)  I do want to try those Neuro drinks Tracy keeps talking about as well as Arctic Zero.  Amazon has them but how the hell do they ship ICE CREAM? 


And because I am in a good mood, here's a random video. Well, it's sort of relevant, she has green juice and she wants you to drink it!



Have a great day today and I hope to have  as good a workout day tomorrow as I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment