Tuesday, August 20, 2013

8/20/2013

Hello everyone!

Yesterday was a terribly busy day for me, I didn't work out but I did eat pretty decently. (Again, I did not count calories and may have been a little under but I did choose low carbohydrate food)

Oh also-
I forgot to mention yesterday but my week 1 results are in!

I am down 6.4 pounds (about 3 kg) since last August 12, 2013~  I have a lot more to go, but that's pretty good to start!

Today, I again did the low carb route, and I feel even better when I don't even have the potatoes anymore.  I have also learned to embrace the low carb, low cost power of eggs.



Eggie-weggs! Cheap, nutritious and low carb! 


Breakfast:

3 hard boiled eggs
Black coffee

Lunch:
3 hard boiled eggs
4 slices of roast beef

Snack:
4 pieces of mozzarella string cheese (not low-fat or anything, just regular string cheese)

Dinner:

I went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant and got soft (corn, not flour) tacos.  They  had steak, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream on them.  I ate everything but the tortillas and I have NO idea the calorie count of that, but I am pretty sure that's pretty low in carbs too.

I also decided to take a different approach to my TAM for beginners.  Instead of building up by counting reps, I decided to do as many as I can on whatever given day, even if it means doing 5 reps on one leg and 12 on the other. 

Why?

The point of the beginner DVD is to build strength.  To  me, the best way to do that is do as much as I can, however much that is, as long as it takes, until I am able to breeze through it.  When I am able to breeze through it, THEN I will start counting reps in Metamorphosis so that everything slims down and gets strong in a balanced way.  

There are definitely some movements that are easier for certain legs.  My goal is to work at it until the movement is easy for BOTH legs. 

Also, I think I will be labeling my blog entries by date instead, it's much easier to keep track of than day 1 2 3 etc because unlike Metamorphosis, there is no set amount of time that I have to work by.

Lastly, I am starting to see changes, especially in my waistline.  Since giving up grains, I am starting to see some wrinkly old man skin and some flattening happening from de-puffing.  I think this is going to take me a while to get used to  because I keep touching it, haha.

I hope everyone had a great day today, and check back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment