Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Dillemma... Keeping Cooked Food Fresh

Hello everyone!


As some of you may know, I have been in the habit of bringing my own lunch and dinner with me to school and work.


I keep my lunch (which I obviously eat sooner) in my Japanese bento (lunch) jar which keeps it toasty warm and good.


These and one more bowl (which I would put steamed vegetables in) go in a thermos-like jar thing and keep it warm.


The jar keeps it all nice and fresh~ And still tasting decent when it's lunch time.  Dinner... Is another story.


Even if i take the same kinds of foods, they go kinda bad, namely the vegetables, which I steam or boil.  I leave my house at 7 am and do not eat dinner until about 5:30.  By that time... The veggies are soggy, smell weird (especially broccoli) and are highly unappetizing.  

I also do not carry a second lunch jar for dinner- I see no real sense owning two right  now, and they cost about 30-50$.

If I bring the vegetables cold (they come frozen) and take them to school for later, then they're even MORE gross after microwaving.


Any tips on keeping veggies fresher/more edible?


Any help would be HIGHLY appreciated.


Until then... I guess I am stuck with nasty vegetables for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment