Friday, April 5, 2013

10 Days! Woot!

Hello everyone!


Lately I have been noticing that I am not feeling so much of a weight loss now that I am in ketosis.  Instead of freaking out, quitting, and whatever nonsense I normally do, I decided to take a look AGAIN at what I have been eating.

Fats, yes. Proteins, yes, Carbs, no.  But one thing stood out- WAY TOO  MANY CALORIES.


I admit, I am new to this and I am adjusting my way of eating just by getting rid of the carbs.  Now I have to focus on balancing out my calories too.

Speaking of carbs....



Remember that thing they say about keto and low carb diets, and how you eventually stop wanting carbs?  Well it  happened.   I can look at bread and have absolutely NO desire to eat it.



Ehh...  No thanks.  There were a couple of times when the smell of bread made me slightly nauseous.


I used to be horribly addicted to carbs too.  My friend came up with a good analogy for it.  Carbs are like cigarettes.  Addicting, despite not tasting all that great or being good for you.  Once you stop, in a lot of cases the idea of eating them again is well, not appealing at all.


Today is my ten-day anniversary of being carb-free.  In fact, the croissants my roommate bought sent me this e-card.


Cry me a river, carbs.



So from now on, I will try to be more mindful in my calories and add more vegetables (yes, veggies are allowed but only starch-free ones like broccoli) and activity.


Have a happy Friday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment