Monday, September 29, 2014

Bodyweight Exercises and Obesity

Hello everyone!



Lately I have been all about bodyweight exercises, mainly because they are free to do and can be done in a small space.

Now I am thinking (again) of putting my Tracy Anderson on hold (my basement is still out of shape and my ankle and knee are still not quite up to snuff yet) but in the mean time, walk and do bodyweight exercises.

                                         


I realized also that I may be pushing myself too hard for being obese, leading to easy injuries.  Bodyweight exercises exist that are gentle, yet effective.  Experts say strength training is highly effective, and what better than throwing and lifting around your own weight- especially when you have a lot extra like me.

Heavy lifting? Sounds scary. Sounds bulky! Help!

Well, from my own experience (watching my brother lose 85 pounds), my brother lost 85 pounds and went from a men's 40 inch pants to a snug 32 inch pants  by doing bodyweight exercises, eating clean, and walking.  And yes, he's a man, men bulk, right?  He didn't bulk at all.  He got slim looking and stronger.  So, I am not worried about bulking from bodyweight exercises.  After all, Tracy Anderson's method also has a lot of bodyweight workouts.

Another great thing about bodyweight training is that there's a very wide variety of moves adjustable and doable for all fitness levels.  Also, walking is great when you can't dance (Even Tracy herself said she always enjoys a good walk from time to time!)

Weather sucks? I can walk with the Walk Away the Pounds DVD I have- the Five Mile Fat Burning Walk.

My goal is to come up with a way to work out and lose weight with as little excuses as possible.

That's it from me today, have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment