Saturday, September 13, 2014

More Opinions- Old Exercises "No Longer Effective"

Hello everyone!

So last time, I wrote about my opinions on how people are often too quick to judge poor people who do not "eat right".

Today, I will discuss something just as fallacious that I hear a lot- workouts from the 1980s are "no longer effective".






What kind of bullshit is that?


My first thought when I hear that is "did we evolve as a species that quickly that in a mere 30 years (hardly a drop in the ocean that is the history of man) that what we used to do back then will no longer work today?"  Ridiculous, right?  Also, a broken argument that "old" workouts do not work.  Here are some examples:

1. Yoga.  Yoga has been around for a VERY long time. People still do it, and claim that it is effective. 
2. Running.  Humans have been running pretty much as long as we have existed as a species.
3. Dance.  Humans have been dancing for a very long time too.

Sure, THOSE still work, but workout videos from yesteryear (that people did lose a LOT of weight doing- I have read reviews for Jane Fonda's old stuff in which the user lost 70+ pounds in a short period of time doing her workout 5 times a week) no longer work.  Because fuck logic. 

To  me, it's a ploy from the people making up new workouts now to make more money selling you their "innovations."  Current workout videos actually seem LESS effective than the old stuff!  And I am leary of stuff with silly, gimmicky names like Yoga Booty Ballet, Turbo Jam, Brazil Butt Lift, etc. (I am not saying these workouts suck, I have never done them, but I am using them as examples of workouts with silly ass names) 

As for me, I am going to start doing some old school Jane Fonda stuff.

So, just me blowing off a little steam with my opinion again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment