Monday, September 15, 2014

Metabolic Syndrome

Hello everyone!


Lately, in recent years, I keep hearing a term being thrown around when it comes to dieting and obesity: Metabolic Syndrome.




But what is it?  How do I get it? How do I fix it?


Metabolic syndrome is actually a combination of several conditions (hence the term "syndrome") that increases your risk of heart attacks and strokes.


Do you possibly have it?  Here are some things to look for.  

-Apple shaped body (mostly torso fat)
- High blood pressure
- Fasting glucose of 100 or more
- High cholesterol

If you have 3 or more of these problems, chances are you may have it. (I'm not a doctor, nor am I diagnosing you.)

If I do have it,  how do I get rid of it?

Simple.  It can be reduced or cured from healthy diet, exercise, and weight loss, in most people.


Even though I am obese myself, obesity is thankfully the only symptom I have.  Some people think all fat people have MS but that is also a myth.

No comments:

Post a Comment