Monday, July 8, 2013

Vegetarian Day 1

Hello everyone!


Today was my first (well TECHNICALLY second) full day of being a vegetarian and I hate to say it, I almost didn't make it through.

I also made some food choices I probably shouldn't have.

I'm using this week to get used to the whole veggie thingamajig.


Breakfast:

2 bananas
1 order of hash browns from Dunkin Donuts. Bad. However, an  improvement from my usual sausagey cheesy breakfast sandwich that probably has 4x the calories of a small order of hash browns.

Lunch:

Hummus and pretzels
1 small bag of potato chips (plain)

Dinner:

Stir fried vegetables (cooked in a slight drizzle of coconut oil and soy sauce)
Pistachios. A lot of pistachios.


Why a lot of pistachios?  Because I found the holy grail of pistachio godliness.


Wonderful Pistachios Salt and Pepper flavor


I didn't have a big bag, I had a bag that has... about 3 1/2 cup servings in it.  Yes, I ate the whole thing.  They are too delicious to eat a single serving of and put away.


Well said.


So, I ended up eating about 2,000 calories today and I feel mixed up about it. I feel horrid that I overconsumed and yet I feel good that I made it through my first meatless Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment