Sunday, July 28, 2013

Not seeing results? Check yourself first. (Warning: Tough love!)

Hello everyone!


A common thing I am seeing online is people complaining about how their workouts they do "aren't working" and then proceed to blame the instructor/whoever made the DVD.

Seriously?


If you are not seeing results, take a moment and really look back and check on the following:

1. Did I do the workout as instructed?
2. Am I eating properly?

Before you answer yes, also consider the following. 

Doing a workout means doing the workout- ALL OF IT to the best of your ability.  It is not watching the DVD, flopping through 5 minutes of it and getting off to check your cell phone, facebook, and so on.

Also, keep in consideration the time given to you by the instructor.  For example, workouts like the Tracy Anderson Method and Tonique require 1-2 hours of your time, 5-6 days a week, while other workouts require less of your time. 

Eating: The saying "You cannot outtrain a bad diet" is true. I've tried. I've many times had the notion that I can eat McDonalds and get what I want. Nope.  Obviously not happening.

So, before you go blaming the instructor, and thinking what you're doing is fine, REALLY look at your habits. 

As for me- Yes, I do slack on my workouts. I have eaten really badly.  However, I do not complain and blame Tracy Anderson for why I am not slim.  I readily admit that it's my own damn fault. I wasn't doing the work.

So really, when you start seeing a lack of results, or something like that, before flipping out and blaming everyone and what not, look at what you're doing, see what you're slipping up on, and make the changes.




No comments:

Post a Comment