Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mediterranean Diet- What is it?

Hello everyone!


As much as I read up on diets and what there is out there, there are always new ones (or perhaps not so new) that I have not heard of or know much about.

In this case, I mean the Mediterranean Diet.  Yeah, I've heard the term thrown around but I did not know what it was.

So, like any intelligent person would that had the curiosity, I did my research!


Apparently the Mediterranean Diet is a heart healthy diet plan.  It's based loosely on how people in Mediterranean countries eat. 

When I first heard this, I thought okay, pasta and butter and such (which is often served up at Mediterranean restaurants).  Nope. So much nope.

There is actually a food pyramid for the Mediterranean Diet.


The diet is primarily vegetarian. Most of your meals are fruit and vegetable based with fish.  Your land animal eating is limited a lot- I have read they suggest you eat meat only a couple times a month. Not a week, a month.

Does this work? For a lot of people, yes it does.  Of course, everyone has different needs, but if these kind of guidelines fit your life, why not try it for a week or so?

No comments:

Post a Comment