Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Another Biggest Loser Scandal...

Hello everyone!


I try to keep my actual opinions on things to a minimum here, but there is one thing I have no problem telling people:


I HATE the television show "The Biggest Loser". Hate hate hate. For a wide variety of reasons. 

Aside from the other reasons I hate the show (the alleged abuse behind the camera, etc) now Jillian Michaels (one of the main trainers on the show) decided to play dirty and give her team caffeine supplements (and god knows what else) to try to win.

What makes this even worse is that she gave these people the supplements without a doctor's permission/guidance. All this to win and look good on TV. 

She did issue a statement, but with no apology: "I stand by my opinion: a caffeine supplement is significantly healthier than unlimited amounts of coffee," she said, sidestepping the actual breaking of the rule. "My only regret is that my team … they're the ones suffering the consequences of my professional opinion."

I had no idea caffeine supplements were healthy at all, while coffee does have some health benefits, but that's besides the point.

"Professional opinion"?  I had no idea she was a doctor or pharmacist. I didn't know personal trainers were trained in giving drugs to people (Yes, caffeine is a DRUG.)


What do you all think of this? Do you agree with Jillian's decision to give these people caffeine? 

For the source article, click here: http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/biggest-loser--shocker--jillian-michaels-did-a-bad--bad-thing-093656195.html

1 comment: