Saturday, October 11, 2014

Hunger Games Star Jennifer Lawrence Will Not Diet for Roles

Hello everyone!


Perhaps there is hope for body image in Hollywood.  I came across an article saying that Jennifer Lawrence, who plays Katniss in the Hunger Games movie, says she will not diet for a movie role.  Her main reason is that she is concerned about young girls getting the wrong idea.

"I don't want little girls to be like, ‘Oh, I want to look like Katniss, so I'm going to skip dinner," Lawrence said. "That's something I was really conscious of during training...I was trying to get my body to look fit and strong - not thin and underfed."

She did get a lot of backlash from critics saying she looked "too healthy" to play a character who is struggling to be fed.

My input- If these critics actually read the Hunger Games books, Katniss logically WOULD look fit, she hunts (illegally) regularly for meat which her family eats and she sells.  Also, her specialty is archery which also requires some kind of muscle to be able to do well and actually kill the animals she is hunting.

I say good job, Jennifer.  You look great as you are and whoever says she looks "obese" (yes, people say that) are blind or do not know the meaning of the word.



If this is "obese", then excuse me while I go crawl into a cave and starve myself. (sarcasm)


No comments:

Post a Comment