Tuesday, March 5, 2013

MORE Snow!

Hello everyone!


Where I am living, we are having another snowstorm.  That means more shoveling.



How many calories are burned shoveling?  It really depends on your weight and the weight of the snow, and how long you shovel.


According to Livestrong.com  a 120 pound person can burn 180 calories in 30 minutes of shoveling.  If you weigh more/or if the snow weighs more, then you will still burn calories, perhaps even more than that.


The way the snow is falling today, I will likely have a lot of calories to burn of my own- I have a driveway and a bunch of sidewalk to shovel myself.  How many calories will I have burned? I honestly don't know how long it will take or how heavy it will be because it's still coming down, and it was severe enough to be declared a "snow day" at work and have my workplace be closed today.

How about you?  Anyone else stuck in the snowstorm today?  If you are, who's shoveling? You or someone else?  Be honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment