Friday, March 29, 2013

A little update- Go Keto!

Hello everyone!


I apologize for not posting in a while.  This is because I had midterms/final exams this week, but that's over for now.

I also decided once and for all to try something I tried before and was staring to see results with when I did it - Ketogenic diet.

For those who are new or don't know what a ketogenic diet entails, I'll give you a brief run down. 

1. You keep your carbs as low as possible. Most keto dieters aim for about 20-50 grams of net carbs per day.

2. You keep your fats high.  Most of your calories SHOULD be coming from fat when you are going keto, as this is supposed to be where your body is getting its energy from.

3. Protein is also important but it's ok to take in a medium amount.  You do not have to do high protein unless you're working on bulking up.

(I'm not an expert, but this is the general jist)


Yep. This is diet food. You're welcome. 


Today is my third day on a ketogenic diet and I am already seeing weight loss.  I am weighing every day so I can monitor how my body reacts to eating this way.

Start date: 3/27/2013 
Start weight: 297.4 lb / 135.2 kg

Today: 3/29/2013
Weight: 291.0 lb / 132.3 kg

6.4 pounds, or 2.9 kg down.  My activity has been minimal because of school,  but I do walk when possible.  I stopped taking elevators and now use the stairs. I walk places I have to go if they aren't too far.

I also have been eating generally the same thing (except today because I got paid and decided to treat myself) but I am keeping my calories between 1300-1500 and drinking lots of water.

3/27 and 3/28

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled egg and a sausage patty from McDonalds

Lunch: Fried tofu, steamed cauliflower/broccoli/carrots with butter on top, miso soup

Dinner: same as lunch without soup

3/29

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs

Lunch: 1/2 pound broiled cheeseburger, no onions/ketchup/bun, lettuce tomato pickle and mustard only.

Dinner: Gyro meat ( I weighed it out because there ARE some carbs in it)

Reminder- If you use MyFitnessPal, add me as a friend so you can check out my daily food entries. My username is asagi722

I still plan on returning to Metamorphosis after school is over. I considered splitting my workouts (like doing the cardio REALLY early in the morning) but in reality, who am I kidding? I hate waking up, haha.  I am as much a morning person as an owl or a vampire.  After this semester (Mid May) I will have a lot more time in the evenings and such to get my Tracy time in.

I have a couple friends who are doing keto and saw great results- how about you guys? 


No comments:

Post a Comment