Friday, December 31, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new!

Happy New Year's Eve everyone! (It's already New Year's Day in some parts of the world at the time of this entry!)


Today, even though I am not exercising, that does not mean TAM has been out of my mind.  I am spending some time today to plan out groceries and calendars for my workouts.

My diet- I am not going to stick to the book recipes exactly. I may make a few of the recipes and repeat them, also I am going to exercise strict portion control, more vegetables, more lean meats and more green tea. In the book Tracy does say changing your diet all depends on where you're starting from and to improve based on that. 

I will also be incorporating into my diet more Asian based food, mainly Korean and Japanese style, as well as their general rules for eating- they are some of the thinnest countries for a reason!  

Some of these rules-

1. Eat slowly and enjoy your food!
2. Eat until you are 80 percent full 
3. Red meat portions very small, since I cannot have fish, I will eat chicken more.
4. Lots of vegetables and rice (which is NOT fattening if eaten in proper portions)
5. Little to no sugar or desserts- Fun fact- Japanese people almost never take dessert and if they do, it's usually fruit.
6. More unplanned exercise (Outside of TAM) such as walking to the store, walking to work, etc.
7. More green tea drinking! I got a huge box of really nice green tea bags at Costco.
As for my calendars- I have all the way up until April 2011 planned- Boot camp for January (No rest days), then beginning the 10 day rotations between other workouts I have with Sunday rest days.  I like planning like this, I like to see in the long run how things will go.
As for tonight, since I am not going out or partying, I decided to splurge a little on myself and went to the butcher and got myself a prime grade filet mignon, which I will broil and have with mashed potatoes, asparagus, and a glass of merlot.  Then when it's time, champagne to celebrate the New Year and the future new me!

No comments:

Post a Comment