Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Gluten Free Madness- Day 3

Hello everyone!



As you can see, I have been at this for three days now, and while it doesn't seem like a long time, for me it kind of is. 

This morning, I decided for shits and giggles to take one of my keto test strips I had laying around and see what's going on.


I am actually in a slight state of ketosis being grain free, even though I am eating sweet potatoes and drinking coffee with carbs in it (like my almond milk latte).  Interesting.  

I am not consciously trying to be keto or paleo but it's just sort of happening that way I guess.  Take grains and dairy out and you're not left with a lot. 

That said, I am noticing more changes in how I am feeling. 

1. I feel slightly more energetic than before. Even with not a whole lot of sleep. 

2. My appetite is very LOW.

#2 Is not concerning me too much yet, a few low calorie days isn't too bad, as long as it's not ongoing I guess. But yeah, major 180 from this time last week where I wanted to eat everything. 

I ate some sausage and eggs for breakfast, and a little bit of beef I cooked for dinner. Picked at it, wasn't too interested in food. 

I'm sure my appetite will come back. I have read up and seen others have had similar things to how I feel and that this is totally normal.  Well then. 

Short post today, but thought I would give everyone a little update. Tomorrow is my last day of work for a while (I am very excited about that- I look forward to spending more time with my dog too).

No comments:

Post a Comment