Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Not-So-Merry Christmas Eve

Hello everyone!

It's Christmas Eve! 

I can't believe the year is really almost over.  This time of year means family, friends, love....


And ice. 

Today, I was having a very nice Christmas Eve, until it happened- I slipped and fell on some ice and landed right on my butt.   


Dramatization

What made this whole thing painful was that on my way down, I instinctively tried to stop myself from falling by grabbing on to something, effectively pulling my shoulder muscles.   The part I actually landed on took no damage, also I did not hurt my ankle (which is USUALLY what happens when I fall) but my arm and shoulder is killing me, all the way into my chest and back. 

So, what does this mean for my workouts? On hold. Rest.  I do not want to do anything that involves me using that arm (even TAM legs are a no go because I have to use that arm to grab onto the chair) so I am going to rest it until it no longer hurts and I can do things with it.  Hopefully that time comes before New Year's Day.   I want to start working out January 1, at the latest.


So the moral of the story: Be careful on that ice! Please! And go to bed early, Santa is coming tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment