Saturday, October 9, 2010

Updates updates, updates!

Hey guys!

A little update for you since I haven't posted in a while.  It seems this whole week my sinuses have decided to put me through my annual autumn hell.  As I write this now, the right side of my face feels swollen/pressurized and my whole front of my head hurts.  My old go-to, Sudafed, isn't doing it this time. That's the main reason I haven't been exercising, I just haven't been feeling up to it. 

On another note, I'd like to discuss the idea of going on Weight Watchers while exercising with the Tracy Anderson Method.  For me, at this time, her diet seems way too restrictive for me because I have a LOT to lose, being on her diet would have to be for the long term, and she says being on the restrictive eating plan is really for the short term.  My idea- go on Weight Watchers until I get to about... 150 pounds/70 kg and THEN adopt Tracy's short term diet to get me the rest of the way down.   

I have tried Weight Watchers before and I did lose weight- an average of 4-6 pounds a week, without having to say no to any "bad" food.  I did notice my portions in general were smaller and that I was much more mindful of my eating.

A couple girlfriends and I are going to be doing Weight Watchers, each with our own form of exercise- one wants to ride her bike more and walk, one wants to do the elliptical at her job, and I will be doing TAM.  It would be interesting to see how it works for us too.

Well, that's it for now, can't wait until Monday when I try yet again... (I hate that I keep falling off and not doing something too.  I feel really bad about it to be honest.)

Have a great weekend!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Tracy's diets are way too restrictive if you're doing them for any length of time. *Especially* if you're overweight. So good luck with Weight Watchers! You should check out http://msbitchcakes.blogspot.com for a great blog by a woman who follows Weight Watchers and has great success with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Roxy, I've got a bit to lose as well & I'm trying out the 30 day TAM. I do it paying absolutely no attention to portion size.

    For example, 4 oz chicken breast is generally a whole chicken breast (which is probably closer to 7 oz). I also modify a bit if I can't get ingredients or if they cost too much. I do have days where I feel I could eat more but then others I'm weirdly satisfied.

    Good luck with WW. I agree, it's an interesting experiment to see how your results compare to your friends'. Let us know what comes of it!

    ReplyDelete