Sunday, May 11, 2014

Summer 2014 Plans

Hello everyone!

Summer is almost upon us and that means school is done for me after this week.

So, I have decided to take the opportunity over this summer to try something.

I have decided that I'd like to give Metamorphosis another go.

Why?

1. It's not a LONG workout.  I'm doing baby steps here, but while the workouts are short, they are NOT easy. Which leads to the next and most important point:

2. I got really great, really fast results.  I was dropping inches off of my waist every level change and I wasn't even dieting.

And after doing the Beginner Method a few times, I think it's actually a bit... easy.  Like I feel like I can move up.  I no longer hurt after doing it, and I think it's time to move on ahead to Metamorphosis.  Let's face it- I am a busy person, and I do not always have the two hours a day it takes to do her original workouts.  I wish I could.  I am just being realistic here.

As for the cardio, I am going to use the Dance + Cardio DVD and build up to an hour.  I don't really think it will matter if I do the Meta cardio or the Dance + Cardio.  They're both dance, and they're both about the same, just with one being lower impact than the other, which is fine because that can also be adjusted.

As for the MS repetitions: I am not going to stress over how many reps per leg or whatever too  much.  That ends up making me crazy and obsessive and discouraged.  I know I will not be able to do 40 reps.  That's obvious.  However, for me, I feel like I should do as many reps as I can on that given day, until she switches to the next movement.  I feel like that will strengthen me faster, and burn a hell of a lot more.

Diet: I am going to do my best to be as vegan as I can.  I feel better like that and really, animal products are expensive. (Also cruel.) Also, while I have recently purchased some vegan substitute foods like vegan yogurt, etc, those are NOT going to be the basis of my diet, but supplements. My goal is to mostly eat real vegetables with those foods as a side dish or something.  I will be writing reviews on them as I try them.

I will also be doing a juice cleanse not this weekend, but next- May 23, 24, and 25th.  I will be starting Abcentric Metamorphosis on May 26th, after the business of finals week and the juice cleanse are done.

In the meantime, I am still going to keep training with the Beginner DVD because I am not 100% perfect at it and it will keep me moving around and getting better at cardio before I take the plunge. 

So yeah, I hope this works.  I want to look different by my birthday in July, and even more different by the time I go back to school in August.

I'll keep updated, of course!


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment