Saturday, May 24, 2014

First Day of my Three Day Juice Cleanse

Hello everyone!


Previously, I had mentioned that I would be doing a juice fast/cleanse this weekend.  I began, and here's how the first day went!


The juice cleanse I chose to do is made by a juice bar near me called Peeled in Evanston, Illinois. 

They offer a variety of cleanses, they had a special on their classic 3 day cleanse. (http://peeledjuicebar.com/collections/the-cleanse/products/the-classic-cleanse) 

How it works is this: Drink one of these bottles every two hours (they tell you which order) for three days.   I was also told if I absolutely need caffeine, then plain green tea only. No coffee, no soda, etc.  If I absolutely MUST eat, then fresh fruit or vegetables ONLY.  I was told to try to avoid this as much as possible. 

So what's in these bottles of magic?

The green bottles: This juice is called the Green Lantern, and it is made of kale, romaine lettuce, spinach, parsley, celery, ginger, apple, cucumber, and lemon.  This is the first and fourth juice I drink during the cleanse and according to the pamphlet I received, the most essential.

How does it taste? Not terrible.  You can definitely taste the cucumber and celery, but it's actually much more pleasant than other green juices I have tried.  Later on, when I burped (it will happen) I mostly taste the celery, haha)

The yellow bottle: Haute Lemonade.  Lemon juice with agave nectar, maple syrup, and a dash of cayenne pepper.  This one was a bit hard for me to stomach at first because of the spice.   The idea of this juice is to clean the intestinal walls and speed metabolism.  This is one I try to drink quickly, my taste buds weren't too keen on it.

The red bottles: Maroon 5.  I have read a lot of reviews with people saying this was the nastiest one. Not to me, I actually LIKED it. It's the third and fifth drink of the day.  It's made of beet juice, carrot, apple, lemon and ginger. It may be that I actually like beets, so I don't mind the taste. I also tasted the carrot pretty strongly, which is also good because I like carrot juice.

The white bottle: Cashew milk.  Your reward for enduring all of these strange juices.   The taste reminds me of a Mexican horchata drink- It's made with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and I took my sweet time drinking this so that I could savor the yumminess.  I really look forward to my next one, haha.



That's great, I liked the taste of them, but how did it make me feel?

The first day, I was very, very TIRED. And cranky. I slept almost all day and the green tea I tried didn't help me.  I was so drained, I had never felt this tired in my life.  It began from the first juice.   Very often, when doing a juice detox, fatigue WILL happen the first day. 

So that's how my first day went- grouchy and tired.  Stay tuned for days 2 and 3 (in progress!) 

2 comments:

  1. I cant wait to see the results. It looks interesting. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! My apologies for the late reply! The update on days 2 and 3 is here:

      http://teenytinyquest.blogspot.com/2014/05/days-2-and-3-of-juice-cleanse.html

      Delete