Saturday, November 9, 2013

Trying Again- Let's Go Vegan!

Hello everyone!


A little update on my back- it is a LOT better, and I may try to do the Method for Beginners tomorrow, as much as I can do without hurting my back.


Here's another update: I decided I would LIKE to try veganism again.  As of late, my diet has been absolutely terrible, and my skin and weight SHOWS it.  I am 28 and got mistaken for being older... That has never happened before... And my skin is full of blackheads (also unusual for me) and I am just so blown out after hurting my back it just makes me disgusted with myself. (I am aware it's not a great way to feel, just being honest.)
Yay! Veggies!

Also there IS an ethical reason too, but I am not going to be preachy and such.  Also, I am not going to make my dog a vegan.  That to  me is also unethical to deprive him of food he would eat if he were wild. 

But anyway...

I did successfully eat vegan today and it was NOT bad or difficult.


Breakfast:

2 bananas and some green tea

Lunch:

Korean tofu stew with mushrooms in it instead of beef
Caramel Light Soy Frapuccino (which is vegan from my understanding)

Dinner:

Ajinomoto Vegetable Gyoza (These are vegan and delicious and do not even need oil to make!)
Stir fried shirataki noodles in a little gluten free orange sauce

Snack:

A dinner roll (vegan)

I did not exercise today but I am easing myself back into that. My back feels loads better so I should be fine. 

I also checked my weight. I will update later as it goes on.

I am also weaning myself off of processed food, vegan or not. I admit I feel some guilt after having that roll (It's my monthly right now so I just went with cravings with that as well as the Frapuccino) but I want to stop eating those as much as possible. 

I also am aware I may slip up and eat an animal product. I'm a new vegan so this is more like a transition for me. 

So, I will keep blogging here to keep myself accountable. And yes, I do plan on a lot of repeat meals because I cook in batches. (I'm busy and need to save time)


No comments:

Post a Comment