Friday, November 15, 2013

Slight Change in Plan~ Also the Weather is Getting Colder

Hello everyone!


Don't let the title of this blog post fool you- I'm not quitting out on you *or myself*. I am only making one tiny change to my diet and that is that I am not going to be 100% wheat free; it's very difficult for me to do, but I will limit my wheat as much as I can. (I am not going to stop eating soy sauce because of it having a little wheat in it, etc, but on the other hand I do not see this as a license to go eat tons and tons of bread.)

I am still going to keep being vegan.  So far today, I am doing that very well.  Had some rice and miso soup for breakfast (more like brunch) and I am going to make myself a Japanese curry for dinner with lots of potatoes, carrots, and onions (the mix I use for the spices IS vegan, but some Japanese curry mixes have cheese, etc in them so watch out and read the label!) 


Also I am taking care to take my vitamins! Especially B12. (Vegans tend to be a bit low on this)

As for my workout tonight- may or may not happen because I have to clear out the space I usually work out in (Gotta love living with other people who put their stuff wherever they want~! ) and if that fails I'll go for a walk or something.


I did not weigh myself or measure today, I will do that over the weekend and just start tracking that on Sunday.


I'm also going to make some gobo kinpira today (I have a TON of carrots in the house and gobo (burdock) root and they have to be used before they go bad!) and another thing I love these days is yaki imo (roasted Asian sweet potato!) which is delicious with no butter or anything needed. People in Korea and Japan (I'm not sure of other countries) buy these as street food when the weather gets a bit colder, like now. 



Asian sweet potatoes: Known as Goguma in Korea and Satsumaimo in Japan. Same thing. Same yummy. And they're in season right now so they are even a bit cheaper than usual!  Put them in the oven at 350 degrees for 1-2 hours and there you go! 

The weather is getting colder, so I am even more inclined to work out indoors. I am recovering from a nasty cold, so I think that may be better for me.  

How do you guys handle working out in cold weather if you are usually an outdoor person?  Stay warm (for those of us having autumn/winter) and stay cool (for those down under having summer weather) !







No comments:

Post a Comment