Sunday, October 6, 2013

Injured- Now What?

Hello everyone!

Over the past couple of weeks, I had been suffering from pretty bad sciatica, to the point where it would even numb my leg while I stood on it for too long (about 5-10 minutes).  After stretching and walking on it, I went to the doctor and they did an X ray.  I have a pars interarticularis defect (something in the spaces of the vertebrae I think) on my very bottom vertebrae and I need physical therapy (which I will go to this Thursday).


So, Tracy Anderson or any workout like that is out for now. Even walking irritates it (hell, even sitting does) so working out in general aside from what the physical therapists tell me to do is somewhat out.  I do not have access to an indoor pool now (it's autumn and all the outdoor pools are closed for the year) but that would have been a nice alternative. 

I still want to lose weight. Now what do I do?


Diet, diet, diet. Did I mention diet?

What I need to do now is be extremely careful with what I put in my mouth.  Sounds easy, but for me, it really ISN'T.  I am someone who eats mostly, well, crap and it's ADDICTIVE.  It seems the easier it is to make, the worse it is for you. 

So, I am now forcing myself to eat more fresh foods.  Not claiming to become a full on vegan but I want to be mostly vegan and preferably less grain.  I won't be able to make the changes overnight, every time I have tried doing that I failed.  

I have to get used to cooking more again, it's a bit hard with  my back hurting but I have to do this for myself. Maybe in some way this is life's way of smacking myself upside the head to get my health and life back. 

So, in future updates I will be talking more about healthy food I made and how and what I did in physical therapy.


Hopefully you guys are doing a bit better than I am but they say I should make a full recovery. Let's hope so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment