Sunday, October 13, 2013

Crazy Day Today- And New Food!

Hello everyone!


Today was a really crazy day~  Ended up taking a surprise road trip, driving 3 hours each way to help someone with a flat tire.  Who knew even just being a passenger could be so tiring? 

Even though I was on the road for most of the day, I kept my naughty eating to a minimum.  

Breakfast:

1 egg with 1 cup of rice
Green tea

This kept me full for a long longer than I expected.

Lunch:

Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher from Starbucks
1 small fry from McDonald's.

And that is the start and end of my bad eating for today.

Dinner:

1/2 cup of the carrot kinpira I made a couple of days ago
1/2 cup of rice
1 tofu burger (1/4 of a block of tofu mixed with a tofu burger mix I bought at the Asian grocery store and tried for the first time- it was actually quite good.) 


Mix with a block of firm drained mashed up tofu, shape into patties, fry. (Requires VERY little oil and I made 4 baby patties (each one 1/2 of a normal patty) to take to work and school tomorrow.)


It looks like not a lot of food but I did feel content, I am training myself to learn when I am actually hungry, and training myself to eat until I am 80% full.  (One of the Japanese secrets to staying thin- they even have a saying about it: Hara hachi bu /腹八分 which literally means "belly 80 percent full")


I also took my initial weight today, but I will keep that to myself until I see a significant change. 


For more info on the whole 80% full concept, wikipedia has some pretty interesting facts about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hara_hachi_bu

I hope everyone had a restful weekend, tomorrow is everyone's favorite Monday~



No comments:

Post a Comment