Sunday, December 7, 2014

PiYo: Align - The Fundamentals Review

Hello everyone!


Last week, I mentioned how I would try PiYo out, and review each video as I do them.

Here's the first video!


It's called Align: The Fundamentals and basically what it is is an instructional video.  It's 40 minutes of Chalene demonstrating the poses and you do them along with her and the other three people in the video (each demonstrating beginner/modified, intermediate, and advanced)


I agree with all of these statements except the last one, the "strengthening flow that will have your blood pumping".   Maybe it does for some people, but to me there was a lot of stopping, a lot of talking, and I didn't totally feel that I got a "workout".


If you are experienced in yoga,  you will not need this, mostly you learn the different warrior poses, up/down dog, half moon, triangle, and a few moves like the PiYo flip.

I do recommend at least giving this a watch, but I do not agree with them using it as the first real workout.    I also do not recommend it as a replacement or an "easy" day.


Next review will be Define: Lower Body.


I hope everyone had a good week, see you next time with my next review!

No comments:

Post a Comment