Friday, April 13, 2012

Buffalo Meat- Yes or NO?

Hello everyone! 




Last night, I was out with a friend of mine and we ended up stopping at Whole Foods Market during our escapades. 


We walked around, and we passed by the meat counter and I stopped to check out what they had- a variety of grass fed beef and then they had bison meat too.  I had always been meaning to try bison, so I got a pound (about 1/2 Kg) of the ground up variety and I got some grass fed sirloin that was half the price.




When I got home, I weighed out 3 ounce portions of everything and put it in the freezer. I ended up with 10 little servings of meat for $15.00. Not bad.


What does bison taste like? I will try it soon and let you know.  It LOOKS just like ground beef. It smells like ground beef (but a little lighter pink). But does it taste like it? I will find out!




Have you guys ever tried any kind of exotic meat? (Bison, Venison, Rabbit, other?) What was it like? Would you eat it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment